Every living thing on our planet needs water to survive, but we are at tipping point and are facing terrible shortages. According to McKinsey & Co., by 2030, demand for water will exceed sustainable supplies by 40%. 

image.png

Water, water everywhere, not any drop to drink.

The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

About 70% of Earth's surface is covered in water. Of all the water on Earth, 97% is salt water in the oceans. That only leaves 3% as freshwater. Of that small amount of freshwater almost 2% is locked up in glaciers and ice at the North and South poles. The remaining 1% of freshwater is drinkable in aquifers or lakes and rivers.

water scarcity.png

CLIMATE CHANGE

Climate change and increased consumption through population growth is stressing the existing aquifers. There has been a 55% drop in global availability of fresh water per capita since 1960. As many as 3.5 billion people could experience water scarcity by 2025(shown in red).

Increasing pollution continues to degrade our aquifers and coastal aquatic ecosystems. Over 1.8 billion people now use a source of drinking water contaminated by feces. in excess of 80% of wastewater is returned to the environment without adequate treatment. Our aging infrastructure is also affecting the water quality as was seen dramatically in Flint, Michigan. To ensure clean safe drinking water for businesses and homes additional affordable filtration is required. This is the role Glanris will play.

option png square.png

MARKET

Glanris will target applications for its media in the Municipal, Industrial and residential markets. We will seek to replace activated carbon with our own patent pending media. This will take the form of raw media in the municipal and industrial market and carbon block filters for the home markets. The demand for Activated Carbon is expected to reach $14.21 billion in 20126 and grow at 14.7% per years. Global demand for consumer water treatment systems is estimated at $16.3 billion in 2019.